Saturday, July 10, 2010

Emmy Style Event 2009

I mentioned in my Year One blog about the Emmy Style Event that we participated in. I've had a few questions about how we participated in such an event, so I thought I would expand with a quick blog about it.

When I first started this business, I had several sleepless nights and was brainstorming about how to market my new "baby" to the world. So I Googled Unique Marketing Ideas and after sorting though a ton of stuff that just wasn't very unique, I came across the idea of Gifting Suites. I looked up a few companies that special in celebrity gifting suites and found Secret Room Events. They responded quickly to my initial email and after a few emails back and forth, I found myself signing the contract to participate. Most of the gifting suites are associated with a charity and this one was sponsoring The Tigerlily Foundation, which raises money for Breast Cancer Research. I knew that this was the right one for me, as my own mother had passed away from complications of breast cancer.

My son, Josh flew out with me to help with the event, and my friend Melissa came up from San Diego to help out too. It was held at the beautiful SLS Beverly Hills Hotel. It was an experience that I will never forget. I even met Deidre Hall, from Day's of Our Lives!

See if you can pick out some of the celebrities below:

(Nick & Jay from Project Runway, Nancy Cartwright - voice of Bart Simpson, Kirsten Warren, Riley Weston, Sonia Rockwell are a few names that you may recognize)


3 comments:

  1. You are an inspiration to all of us! Thanks for sharing your success story!
    Sandy
    www.sandysbakingmemories.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog, your website, and your products! When you get a chance, check out our blog: www.sheekshindigs.blogspot.com

    We would love the opportunity to work with you in the future!

    Sarah
    Sheek Shindigs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sandy and Sarah. I appreciate your comments. Both of you have impressive websites,

    Sarah, I would love to work with you on some of your events.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete